1. I stopped for gas in a little town way off the interstate last night. I spent 10 minutes trying to find my way back to the interstate—some little delinquents had turned the ‘To I-35’ arrows so they were facing in all different directions. Total Labyrinth-style. (You’ll see exactly what I mean at 1:35 in the vid.)
(Cass, that song was for you, by the way.)
2. Ella is smaller than I remember her being. It took her a few minutes to figure out who I was, but now we’re back to normal. She slept with me all night, and this morning has been sprinting around like crazy and has attacked my feet with feline fervor. All is well.
3. I woke up at 7:45a and freaked out because I thought I was late for work. Duh.
4. It’s friggin’ freezing here with LOTS of snow on the ground. I need to get hurry up and get to DC where it’s warm and sunny.
5. Dan’s mom’s pie party is tonight. It’s to celebrate a pie storybook she put together to benefit local charities. The project has gotten a fair amount of buzz in town, and the news will be there tonight. My mom and I are serving pie (I know, I know. I’m a mess who shouldn’t be allowed to serve food); D’s dad is shooting some photos and his sister is driving in from Chicago as a surprise.
Should be fun-slash-awkward. The pie blog is here; now that I have some more down time, I’ll try to do better at helping to keep it updated. Of course, if you want to buy a book…just let me know. I may even sign my page for you. 🙂
More later, perhaps in the form of video. Have a good Tuesday, friends!