I’m publishing some old draft posts. Because why not? Originally written October 3, 2011.
I’m guilty of making Europe out to be way cooler than the U.S. On Sunday, I was eager to get home and jotted down a couple things that I’d been missing about the States.
- Toilet seat covers. Actually, I missed toilet seats, too.
- Meals centered around something other than bread. How much can a person eat in a day?
- Roads without speed bumps and traffic circles. I’m pretty sure the road to hell is paved with those.
- Showers with a full glass door. The partial door business is incredibly inefficient and regardless of how I position the shower head, water ends up all over the floor.
- Swimsuits. Call me an uncool American, but I don’t need to see that much of a lady, and I never need to see a man’s fruit basket.
There’s two sides to every coin, though. When I got to work this morning and scrolled through Twitter, I saw this and immediately wanted to go back to Spain where lunch lasts three hours and hippies make giant bubbles in the squares.